Our Aims,Goals&Core Abilities
1. Risk Society as our Fundamental Concept
Stress is placed on associated academic research, current issues within a context of social change, and the importance of both theory and practice.
2. Training of Public Affairs Workers
We provide courses for the training of workers in public affairs and government; with stress on the education of workers in non-profit organizations.
3. Diverse Program-Oriented Curricula
We have established elective curricula: Democracy and Policy, Organization and Management, Urban and Interdisciplinary Study, Law, and Cross-strait and Global Issues, which provide our students with a more diverse and professional curriculum.
4. Practical Training with Taipei City Government
Agreements with the Taipei City Government that will provide students with internships and practical training in public affairs.
5. Learning Credit for Holistic Education
Encourage students to give full play to their development in the social and public affairs fields through the use of the Learning Credit system.
Educational Vision and Goals
(1) To reinforce ability in education and guidance and broaden educational resources.
(2) To promote the growth of instructors and ensure a higher quality of education.
(3) To encourage students to participate in academic exchanges and professional events that promote their academic development.
(4) To make proper adjustments in goals and direction to conform with the development of the university.
2. Educational Vision
A. Educational Goals: With a firm basis in social-related sciences, we work to give students the ability to adapt to the modern risk society and to train professionals for work in public affairs.
B. Research Goals: To encourage students to be diverse in their studies and promote academic exchange activities, and thereby heighten their basic research ability.
C. Development Goals: To link educational resources across society, strengthen the connection between theory and practice, promote concern for society through the Learning Credit system; to help students attain higher goals in education and employment, and help them in their career development.
A. Educational Goals: To give our researchers proper knowledge in democratic governance and public affairs policy planning
B. Research Goals: To encourage researchers to be diverse in their studies and promote academic exchange activities, and thereby heighten their basic research and discussion abilities.
C. Development Goals: To help researchers fit the needs of the real work world and assist in their acquisition of work-related knowledge and career development.
(1) To possess knowledge of and the ability to apply organizational theories and public management.
(2) To possess knowledge of and the ability to apply democratic governance and policy analysis.
(3) To possess knowledge of and the ability to apply city government planning and different forms of governance.
(4) To possess knowledge of and the ability to apply civic duty theories and sociological research.
(1) To train students for research in public affairs and legal systems.
(2) To train students for research in public organization and management.
(3) To train students for research in public policy and public opinion.